Since 2021, Petra Godeša works as a feature writer for Grunge.com.
As a freelancer, she contributed to Unearth Women: female travel magazine; The Slovenia Times: the only Slovene business magazine in the English language; Versopolis Review: a pan-European cultural and humanities magazine and Sobotna priloga (Delo): the most recognizable and credible newspaper supplement in the Slovene media sphere.
Between 2013 and 2020, she has been working as a journalist for one of the most prominent Slovene media houses, DELO d. d. As a member of Ona magazine newsroom, she regularly wrote for the weekly, monthly, and online editions, focusing on crucial social and women’s issues. Over the years, she created over 300 pieces, mostly interviews, feature stories, and travelogues. In 2019 she became a columnist, carefully attempting to dissect intricate human nature.
In 2017, she created a literary travel blog, www.restlessheartblog.org, where she combined her love for writing, travelling, and photography.
While living in the era of media spin, Petra Godeša believes in honest reporting, uncovering human tales of overlooked and rejected. In 2018, she spent five months travelling through Guatemala and Mexico, with the goal of discovering Latin America’s troubles and tales along with the intention of research and report on local as well as national issues. In 2019, she spent over a month with Huni Kuin tribe, documenting the enchanting but difficult life deep in the Amazon forest.
If the world of written reporting is something she knows well, photography is an entirely different world, still fresh, but strangely familiar. In this world, Petra can express a different side of her, much more intuitive than anything else.
- MA Documentary Photography, University of South Wales // 2020 – 2022
- MA Journalistic Studies, University of Ljubljana 2015
- BA Cultural Studies, University of Ljubljana 2011
- The Art of Seeing with Klavdij Sluban // Kranj Fotofest // August 2021
- Street Photography with Manca Juvan // May 2019
- Storytelling through photography with Manca Juvan // March 2019
- 3rd CHANIA International Photo Festival // Blank Wall Gallery
Chania, Crete (12 Aug – 19 Aug 2020)
- OBSERVING WALLS: 1989-2019 // National Museum of Contemporary History and Beletrina from Slovenia, Stiftung Berliner Mauer from Germany, Historijski Muzej BiH from Sarajevo and Quarantasettezeroquattro from Italy.
Ljubljana (July – Aug 2019), Sarajevo (Nov 2019 – Feb 2020), Berlin (Sept 2019 – Mar 2020)
Chania, Crete (16 Aug – 24 Aug 2019)
- OBSERVING WALLS: 1989-2019 // International online photo contest: 1st place selected by the jury